Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Creating a child friendly environment in an adult space

Last week my child bestowed a 2.5 hr nap upon me. I got lots of blog surfing done in that time!

Time well spent? Absolutely!

I am ECE trained, and have every intention of running my own home based daycare centre in the future. The problem I have right now is that I do not want to spend all day every day in our dark basement with the kids. So that means we will spend a lot of our indoor time upstairs in the main living areas. The problem with that is we don't have a ton of space, and I don't want my house to look like it was vomited on by a Toys R Us.

Diane, at In My Own Style, has created a wonderful storage solution, which I think if executed just right will solve my toy storage problem:

Photo courtesy of In My Own Style.

See her tutorial HERE.

My other dilema was book storage. I am a huge advocate of reading (really, who isn't?!) and I wanted our books to be accessible, but also organized and uncluttered. And since I don't want a huge bookcase taking up living space, I love love LOVE these book display shelves:


Photo courtesy of Frugal Home Designs.

I have seen these done on many blogs, in many different ways but Fawn at Frugal Home Designs has a great tutorial, which makes it all look so simple.

Some of you ladies are so crafty, I am just in awe of your talents!

1 comment: