Saturday, August 7, 2010

Crafty Kid - Homemade Finger Paint

I loved arts and crafts as a child. And I always swore I'd be a mom who encouraged creativity in my children.

So this afternoon I rolled up my sleeves and made non-toxic homemade finger paints for my 5 1/2 month old son!

The recipe was really simple and I already had everything in my cupboard:

- 1 cup cold water
- 1.5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- food dye

Add the sugar and the salt to the water in a pot, then the corn starch. Put it on the stove on low heat and stir until you achieve a paint like consistency. The recipe said it would take 10 minutes, but it took more like 25 for me and I had to add more water. In the end, I should have added even more water as it was still quite goopy, but of course the baby didn't notice :P




(obviously this is an outdoors craft for a small baby. At least in my house it is)





The finished product: My baby's first masterpiece



Sharing with ...
The DIY Project Parade

http://thediyshowoff.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. THANKS for this recipe! I teach preschool and it starts soon, so I will DEFINITELY be making this!

    THANKS for the comment you left on my tutorial at Someday Crafts! Don't forget to stop by my blog & enter to win the supplies to make your own!

    Staci:)

    ReplyDelete